[asterisk-users] cdr_odbc.c:174 odbc_log: Unable to retrieve database handle. CDR failed.

hw hw at gc-24.de
Fri Dec 7 07:54:10 CST 2018

On 12/07/2018 02:25 PM, Joshua C. Colp wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 7, 2018, at 9:19 AM, hw wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is cdr logging using odbc buggy?  I'im only getting an error
>> "cdr_odbc.c:174 odbc_log: Unable to retrieve database handle.  CDR failed.".
>>
>> Connecting with isql to the datasource given in cdr_odbc.conf works just
>> fine, and using the database for sippeers also works.
>
> This message is output when the "dsn" value provided in cdr_odbc.conf does not match a dsn/class (context name) configured in res_odbc.conf
>
> You should confirm they match and if still encountering a problem then provide the configuration.

Thanks, it's working now.  I've been using the name of the data source
rather than the name of the section.  It doesn't make any sense to call
it data source name (dsn) at places where the name of a section is expected.

It also doesn't make sense that the section name in res_odbc.conf should
be relevant here.  Resources (res) would be configuration information
--- the tables for this are created with alembic --- while logging
information is something else --- and the tables for it are not created
with alembic.

This could use a lot of cleanup and (or at least) much better documentation.