[asterisk-users] figuring out what happened to a call

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Wed Dec 5 06:19:02 CST 2018

On Wednesday 05 December 2018 at 13:04:57, hw wrote:

> On 12/04/2018 07:07 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> That's not really it; however, how do I make it so that asterisk writes
> >> this information right away into a mariadb database instead of into a
> >> file so that I could actually use it?
> >
> > Send your queue_log entries to odbc?
>
> odbc?  Seriously?

Yes, it's the preferred method of talking to databases from Asterisk.

If you want to use the MySQL-specific driver / connector, you can still use
that for some things, but Voicemail in a database can only be done via ODBC,
for example.

> > It's a setting in extconfig.conf.
>
> Does mysql not work?  It's mentioned there, too.

By all means try it - if it's mentioned, it'll probably work, but ODBC is the
more generic and better-supported way of using databases with Asterisk.

Antony.

--
The first fifty percent of an engineering project takes ninety percent of the
time, and the remaining fifty percent takes another ninety percent of the time.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.