[asterisk-users] getting invites to rtp ports ??

asterisk at a-domani.nl asterisk at a-domani.nl
Thu Aug 30 06:20:51 CDT 2018

Hi Norbert,

Yes, you're correct. one can make SIP-calls directly without a provider
(or even asterisk) in between.
Had to do that long time ago on Asterisk-course.
But why would you want to do that? Playing with technique? Great, but
then you are at home/lab.

And a company with multiple branches, could have PBX forwarding their
calls, not the individual users setting them up towards a remote PBX.

In case of road-warriers (not knowing their current and ever changing
IP-address)...
I presume they ought to use a VPN for connecting to their office (thus
becoming an internal and trusted network-entity).

Hans