[asterisk-users] 401 unauthorized

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Wed Aug 29 16:40:25 CDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 11:37:34AM -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I have a connection to a cisco all manager SIP trunk. The first call coming
> across CCM to the asterisk server works fine... Then when I do a second
> call from CCM to asterisk  I am getting a SIP 401 unauthorized.
>
> My definition is simple.
> [CCM]
[no secret]

> This is asterisk 13.19.0
>
> What is wrong? Thanks

The reason why the CM is asking for authentication is outside the scope
of asterisk, debug the CM. Since you have no secret set for the user,
asterisk will never try to respond to a challenge. Asterisk and CM can
work together, asterisk is very forgiving, CM is not. The last time I
had to figure out what the fromuser and fromdomain should be (the CM admins
were clueless about providing those facts) and there was some
throtteling mechanism that when triggered would deny any SIP messages.

Good luck.