[asterisk-users] Weird 'hairpin' call rtp audio problem

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Aug 10 09:16:35 CDT 2018

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018, at 11:10 AM, Benoit Panizzon wrote:
> Hi Joshua
>
> > > The "rtp_keepalive" option can be used to have the RTP stack send an
> > > RTP packet out. Try that and see what happens.
> >
> > Once again 'bullseye' that fixed the problem. Thank you!
>
> Now a customer with and FreePBX 2.9.0 (Asterisk 1.8.20.1) ran into the
> same issue with our SBC.
>
> I told him to set rtpkeepalive=1 in sip.conf but I don't see this
> version sending any comfort noise packets.
>
> Isn't there any way to disable this nat detection feature completely
> in asterisk? (nat=no does not seem to do the trick)

I don't remember 1.8 or the various options, you'd need to verify with the sample configuration file. Strict RTP protection can be disabled in rtp.conf using the strictrtp option. Otherwise it's not something in Asterisk that stops this kind of stuff, it's the NAT Implementation in the router.

--
Joshua Colp