[asterisk-users] Asterisk behind NAT Early Media Video

Benjamin Marty benjamin.marty at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 09:56:11 CDT 2018

The current behaviour is that Earlymedia video isn't working when NAT's in
between are involved. The source/destination IP's are correct. So the
client is sending Early media video + Early media audio to the Asterisk
Server "in the cloud" and the Asterisk Server "in the cloud" is sending
both to the IP where the Client is located. But strangely just the Early
media audio is passing the NAT to the recipent.

My guess is that the NAT traversal for Early media audio is fine, but the
one for Early media video not yet. Can you propably comprehend something in
that direction? Or can you guide me to the code part where Asterisk is
doing the Port change when a NAT is detected and the Client itself is
sending "fake" RTP Early media traffic to get a NAT Binding for incoming
RTP Early media traffic?

Benjamin