[asterisk-users] Digium IP Phones UNREACHABLE after registration

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Thu Apr 12 11:25:05 CDT 2018

On Thursday 12 April 2018 at 18:17:10, Hermann Wecke wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 11:43 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
> >
> > Are you by any chance running fail2ban, without the IP address of this
> > location in a whitelist?
>
> fail2ban: yes
> whitelist: yes

Have you checked:

a) the fail2ban logs
and
b) the firewall rules in place on the server immediately after the phones get
kicked off

just to be sure this is not being caused by fail2ban somehow?

> > I'm wondering if some device is misconfigured and failing registration,
> > which get spicked up by fail2ban, and the network's public IP gets
> > blocked.
>
> If I remove the Digium phones, after a while the other devices
> (brands) will register again.

What happens if you then add just one Digium phone?

Does it, and all the other brands, work as normal?

If yes, try adding one more, then one more - maybe you'll find one specific
phone which is causing this problem.

If adding just one phone causes the problem immediately, try adding a different
one instead (in case the first one you added is the one with the problem).

> >> The server remains operational and all other users/peers (not running
> >> Digium phones) are up and running.
> >
> > You mean, all others at other locations, right?
>
> Yes, other locations are OK. This location will be "clogged" (or
> "flooded"?) and unavailable.

Can you run wireshark or similar on the router / firewall at this location, to
see what SIP traffic you get going back and forth to the server at the time the
problem occurs?

Antony.

--
Was ist braun, liegt ins Gras, und raucht?
Ein Kaminchen...

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.