[asterisk-users] Digium IP Phones UNREACHABLE after registration

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Thu Apr 12 10:43:02 CDT 2018

On Thursday 12 April 2018 at 17:22:39, Hermann Wecke wrote:

> I'm trying to solve a mystery for the last couple of days.
>
> I have a mix of D70, D50 and D40 behind NAT. Server is in a
> colocation, not a VPS.
>
> For several years, everything was working fine, no issues. A few days
> ago I started having problems at one particular site. NO CHANGES have
> been made to this office network - same router, switch and internet
> provider. No new equipment added or configuration changed (I only
> upgraded the firmware and asterisk trying to solve the problem).
>
> A few seconds after registration, the Digium phones will become
> UNREACHABLE. Right after that, the entire VoIP network (where the
> Digiums are located) will be also dropped - all other devices
> (non-Digium) connected will be kicked from the asterisk box. There are
> ObiHai, Yealink and Linksys at this location - all will be kicked.

Are you by any chance running fail2ban, without the IP address of this
location in a whitelist?

I'm wondering if some device is misconfigured and failing registration, which
get spicked up by fail2ban, and the network's public IP gets blocked.

> The server remains operational and all other users/peers (not running
> Digium phones) are up and running.

You mean, all others at other locations, right?

Antony.

--
A user interface is like a joke.
If you have to explain it, it means it doesn't work.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.