[asterisk-users] Asterisk behind NAT Early Media Video

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Apr 9 10:02:07 CDT 2018

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018, at 11:53 AM, Benjamin Marty wrote:
> Yes, media is flowing through Asterisk because both client's are behind
> different NAT's.

This doesn't answer the question of what is ACTUALLY happening in the scenario you describe which is very important.

> Do I need to do something special in the Call Flow? Or anything additional
> to the pjsip.conf?

The "rtp_symmetric" option as you've used causes Asterisk to send media to the source of media, but it requires us to receive media. If we don't receive it then we send media to where they've told us to send it, which as I've mentioned can be wrong.

--
Joshua Colp