[asterisk-users] Asterisk / PRI and Outbound Overlap Dialing

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Thu Apr 5 11:34:30 CDT 2018

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 7:20 AM, Mtt Cannon <mcannon9180 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to setup Asterisk to act like a PBX connected via a PRI
> gateway to a voice netowrk where Asterisk is doing outbound
> overlap dialing for calls that terminate via that PRI. AFter researching
> through the archives and online dcocs, I thought I had
> everyting setup right, dialplan configured for '_X!' and the
> 'overlapdial=yes' in the chan_dahdi.conf file, but when I try and
> make a call, while the first digit triggers the outbound SETUP message,
> that SETUP message always includes a 'Sending Complete'
> parameter and any subsequent digits received from the originaing client
> seem to be getting ignored as opposed to sent over in
> subsequent ISDN INFORMATION messages.
>
> Any idea what I might be missing here...i did restart both DAHDI and
> Asterisk after making the changes to support overlap.
>
> Logs and snippets are below..
>
> Thanks
> matt
>

> localhost*CLI> core show version
> Asterisk 15.2.0 built by root @ localhost.localdomain on a x86_64 running
> Linux on 2018-02-21 19:10:36 UTC
>

> chan_dahdi.conf
>
> ; Overlap dialing mode (sending overlap digits)
> ; Cannot be changed on a reload.
> ;
> ; incoming: incoming direction only
> ; outgoing: outgoing direction only
> ; no: neither direction
> ; yes or both: both directions
> ;
> overlapdial=yes

Where is this option set in the chan_dahdi.conf file?  To have any effect
on a particular channel the option
MUST be set before the channel line that creates the channel.

[channels]
context=incoming
switchtype=euroisdn
signaling=pri_cpe
overlapdial=yes

; All options currently set are used to create the specified channels on
the next line.
channel=1-15,17-31
; Any options set AFTER the channel line above DO NOT affect those channels.

context=other

Richard