[asterisk-users] Asterisk pjsip registration issues

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Tue Sep 26 08:33:08 CDT 2017

Hey all

 I am hoping someone can assist I have now spent over a week trying to
figure out what is going on with PJSIP registrations.

 I am able to register handsets against an asterisk 13 server running
pjsip, but I am not able to get pjsip to register out to an older chan_sip
asterisk server.
 If I drop the registration I can make things work, but when I have to
register the asterisk - pjsip server against another server the
registration completes, but I can not send any calls across the
registration, nor will it handle options correctly as well.

 We keep getting ... No auth credentials for realm(s)
'asterisk at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX' in challenge.
in one form or another, and I have been unable to find any definitive
documentation on what is at cause for this. In some areas I have seen
without but no success.

 I really need some direction on this. This is the last issue I know of
that is holding up us from moving to pjsip. If I can't get asterisk / pjsip
to register and send authenticated  messages than it can't work for
replacing chan_sip in all situations.

 What am I doing wrong.

  [zktech_trunk]
type=registration
 endpoint=zktech_trunk
transport=udp-nat
outbound_auth=zktech_trunk
server_uri=sip:ACCT.8009 at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
client_uri=sip:ACCT.8009 at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
contact_user=zktech_trunk
retry_interval=60
forbidden_retry_interval=600
expiration=3600
line=yes

 [zktech_trunk]
type=auth
auth_type=userpass
password=rossi72v8qr
username=ACCT.8009
realm=asterisk at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

 [zktech_trunk]
 type=aor
max_contacts=1
contact=sip:ACCT.8009 at PRIVXXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:5060
qualify_frequency=60

 Thanks

Bryant