[asterisk-users] Voicemail: search for name in a phonebook

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 15:33:23 CDT 2017

Yes, You could do easily this either with the internal asterisk database or
with something like func_odbc as a source for the data.

In the context you receive your incoming calls you do a lookup against one
of the above data sources using the CALLERID(NUM) and change CALLERID(NAME)
to be the name you set.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Luca Bertoncello <lucabert at lucabert.de>
wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> I'm using Asterisk 1.8.30.0 on a OpenWRT device and it works perfectly.
> I configured a voicemail and I receive an E-Mail with some information
> about
> the call.
> Again, wonderful!
>
> Now my wish: I'd like to have Asterisk to search the caller in a list file
> and send me the name corresponding to the number in the E-Mail of
> voicemail.
> Is it possible?
>
> I currently use ${VM_CALLERID} in emailbody and it gives, of course, the
> phone number...
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Luca Bertoncello
> (lucabert at lucabert.de)
>
> --
>
> Check out the new Asterisk community forum at: https://community.asterisk.
> org/
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>
> asterisk-users mailing list

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein