[asterisk-users] Asterisk 13.X with multiple IP addresses: Can I force a given chan_sip peer to a given IP address ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 04:39:32 CDT 2017

Hello,

I'm quite sure this question has already be asked previously but before
diving into it with a lab setup, I would like to re-ask here the thereafter
question.

I've got a bunch of very old Asterisk boxes (lastest Asterisk version is
1.6.1.X), all belonging to the same network, I would like to centralize on
a single Asterisk instance on a brand new box.
This instance will be powered with lastest available LTS Asterisk (Asterisk
13.X, currently).

I know this is possible with PJSIP transport setting but with chan_sip, is
it possible to specify that to communicate with a given SIP peer, a
specific IP address (and only this one) is used ?

Best regards