[asterisk-users] Asterisk bugs make a right mess of RTP

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Fri Sep 1 09:54:10 CDT 2017

On Friday 01 September 2017 at 16:48:17, Dovid Bender wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 9:13 AM, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 1, 2017, at 09:01 AM, Dave Topping wrote:
> > > http:/www.theregister.co.uk/2017/09/01/asterisk_admin_patch/

> As Josh mentioned this is an issue with RTP and the SDP and when customers
> use NAT you need a way to figure out what their external RTP IP is. One
> option is to use IPv6 so the IP in the SDP is the one and only IP the media
> should be coming from. Another option is to increase the range of RTP ports
> in use. By default asterisk uses ports 10,000 to 20,000. You can change
> that to say use 20,000 to 30,0000 or better yet use 10,000 to 20,0000
> widening the range of ports being used.

I'm not quite sure what numbers you're trying to quote here.  I agree that
Asterisk uses 10,000 to 20,000 by default.

What are you suggesting this can be changed to in order to increase the range?

Antony.

--
Atheism is a non-prophet-making organisation.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.