[asterisk-users] Asterisk chan_sip registration attempts

Dmitriy Ermakov demonihin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 06:27:34 CDT 2017

Hello!

Could you help me with Asterisk 11.21.2 and AsteriskNow platform.

The problem is:

My Asterisk PBX has SIP (chan_sip) trunk to provider.

Asterisk periodically loses trunk registratrion:

*sip show registry:*

/Host                                    dnsmgr Username       Refresh
State                Reg.Time                 //
//X.X.X.X:5060                    N      <LOGIN>            105
Unregistered           /*
*

This happens sometimes once per 4 hours, sometimes once per a week.

I don't see any patterns.

*sip.conf:*

registerattempts=0

registertimeout=20

*peer confifuration:*

[XXXX-friend]
disallow=all
host=192.168.1.1
defaultuser=<phone number>
fromuser=<phone number>
callerid=<phone number>
secret=<ISP secret>
type=friend
qualify=yes
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
nat=no
rtpkeepalive=10
dtmfmode=rfc2833
insecure=port,invite
context=from-trunk-ISP1
fromdomain=<ISP domain>

*registration string:*

register=<phone number>:<ISP secret>@<ISP domain>/<phone number>

*where:*

<phone number> is our ISP-provided phone number

<ISP secret> is our ISP-provided SIP secret

<ISP domain> is our ISP SIP server IP address

I don't have NAT between the ISP and my server (the ISP server IP
address is in Asterisk's sip.conf Localnet scope) but as I can see there
is ISP's routers between my Asterisk and the ISP SIP server.

There is not any firewall between the ISP and my Asterisk. The firewall
rules on Asterisk host allow any traffic from host to the ISP and allow
5060/UDP from ISP to Asterisk host.

When I restart Asterisk I can see successful registration to the ISP.
And it works. I can make calls in any direction but after some time I
have the "Unregistered" status and calls don't work.

When I make tcpdump I can see about 40-60% failed REGISTER attempts (401
forbidden) and 100% failed OPTIONS attempts (is it qualify packets?)
with 401 forbidden.

The interesting thing is: the last REGISTER packet from my Asterisk to
the ISP has "OK" response and there was not any REGISTER attempts after
this packet, only OPTIONS packets.

The second interesting thing is: this ISP has been working for about 6
or even 12 months before this problem happened.

What should I check to understand and solve my problem?

P.S. I'm sorry for my bad English(

--
Dmitriy Ermakov