[asterisk-users] Asterisk put call on hold when receive 183 Session Progress with media address 0.0.0.0 in SDP

Rafael dos Santos Saraiva rafaelsnsa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 09:32:39 CDT 2017

The problem the 183 is received with mode sendonly and playbacks an audio,
so when the destination playbacks audio, the origin was put on hold.

     |                               |
     |          INVITE               |
     |------------------------------>|
     | 183 Session Progress/SDP      |
     |<------------------------------|
     |          RTP one way          |
     |<------------------------------|
     |            BYE                |
     |<------------------------------|
     |                               |

This method is used by telco to playback message to not found user.

> I think it is normal, the call is placed on hold as soon as the remote
> media address is null.
>
> It makes sense because when a 183 is sent, some media is supposed to be
> sent as with a 200, so placing the call on hold when no media is available
> sounds logic.
>
> Le 06/10/2017 à 03:56, Rafael dos Santos Saraiva a écrit :
>
> Hi
>

> Is it a normal behavior of Asterisk put a call on hold when receive a
> Session Progress with media address 0.0.0.0 in SDP? I believe the call on
> hold should be initiate with a re-invite.
>

> Thanks
>
> --
> Att,
> Rafael Saraiva