[asterisk-users] A bit OT - Configure GoIP for Asterisk

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Oct 3 09:55:02 CDT 2017

On Mon, 2 Oct 2017, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Monday 02 October 2017 at 20:58:33, Steve Edwards wrote:
>
>> I recently received a GoIP-32 for a client project -- primarily outbound
>> calling.
>>
>> How should a GoIP be configured for Asterisk?
>
> Have you tried http://www.hybertone.com/en/solutionsClass.asp?Id=78

Thanks, but no joy.

When I first power up the box, 'sip show peers' shows:

 	Name/username Host          Dyn Forcerport Comedia ACL Port Status    Description
 	goip/goip     (Unspecified) D  Yes        Yes          0    OK (5 ms)

But then a few seconds later it shows:

 	Name/username Host          Dyn Forcerport Comedia ACL Port Status    Description
 	goip/goip     (Unspecified) D  Yes        Yes          0    UNKNOWN

Every few seconds I get 'empty' SIP debug messages on the console like:

 	<--- SIP read from UDP:192.168.0.51:5087 --->

Wireshark says they're only 3 bytes long and contain 'SIP'.

When I dial, I get:

     -- Executing [*@newline:6] Dial("SIP/poly-e637-000000cb", "sip/goip/xxxxxxxxxx") in new stack
       == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)

No SIP messages are displayed -- I'm guessing that's a result of the 'status UNKNOWN'.

--
Thanks in advance,