[asterisk-users] Adding custom commands to AMI

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Sun Nov 12 14:24:49 CST 2017

On Sunday 12 November 2017 at 18:27:56, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 04:45:45PM +0000, Antony Stone wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > https://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+manager+API says that "There
> > are a finite (but extendable) set of actions available to the client,
> > determined by the modules presently loaded in the Asterisk engine."
> >
> > Can anyone point me at some appropriate documentation for adding custom
> > commands to the AMI to extend the available actions?
>
> Generally: write your own asterisk module (in C), build and install it.

Okay, I guess that was implied from the "determined by the modules presently
loaded" in the wiki article.

Any good online docs on writing Asterisk modules?

I'm comfortable enough writing C, but where do I start for library calls etc?

Antony.

--
Normal people think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.