[asterisk-users] Call preemption

Jean Aunis jean.aunis at prescom.fr
Tue Nov 7 05:21:47 CST 2017

Hello,

Has anyone already implemented some sort of call preemption in Asterisk
? I am trying to achieve something like this :

- I want to limit the number of calls on a given SIP peer to 10

- on the other hand, some calls have higher priority than others

- when the ceiling of 10 calls is reached and a call with a high
priority is attempted, I would like to drop a call with a lower priority
to let the new one go through

Monitoring the ceiling is easy with channel groups, but it is does not
help in implementing call preemption since there is no function to
retrieve all the channels of a given group.

Does anyone have an idea ?

Regards

Jean Aunis