[asterisk-users] How to detect fake CallerID? (8xx?)

D'Arcy Cain darcy at VybeNetworks.com
Wed May 10 15:30:55 CDT 2017

On 2017-05-10 04:15 PM, Sebastian Nielsen wrote:
> The thing is then to be able to record which IP is the client, but if your
> services are ordered by the client via some web form, you could have that IP
> be recorded as "client IP" and the employee must check in/check out from
> that IP.

IPs change.  Also, the client may not have ordered the service from the
office.  They may have bought the service for multiple locations from
head office.  Too many variables.

You may have to think about hardware.  Some sort of RF device installed
at the client with a unique ID.  The employee waves his keychain at the
device, it connects to your office and sends the employee's ID and its
own.  A card reader is another possibility or bar code reader.

Of course that's not a phone solution so I guess it is off topic here.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.