[asterisk-users] How to detect fake CallerID? (8xx?)

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Wed May 10 11:29:02 CDT 2017

You have an unusual situation--you suspect caller ID spoofing by a known
person.

Under the Truth in Caller ID Act, FCC rules prohibit any person or entity
from transmitting misleading or inaccurate caller ID information with the
intent to defraud, cause harm, or wrongly obtain anything of value. Anyone
who is illegally spoofing can face penalties of up to $10,000 for each
violation.

Making it clear to your employees that spoofing will result in termination
might be enough.

Requiring employees to have a phone that you can locate would allow you to
check from time to time.

  --Don