[asterisk-users] app_jack unavailable

J Montoya or A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed May 10 08:02:17 CDT 2017

On Wednesday 10 May 2017, andre castro wrote:
> Indeed. apt-get install libjack-dev libresample-dev were not installed.
> libjack-dev libresample-dev , so I installed.
> In the installation of libresample-dev apt-get selected
> 'libresample1-dev' instead of 'libresample-dev'. Not sure if that is a
> problem.
> Also installed libjack-jackd2-dev.

That's reasonable.  Sometimes a package name like foo-dev is just an alias for
a package with a longer name like libfoo269-dev; or a dummy package with no
files of its own but a dependency on another package.  So what actually gets
installed might not exactly match what you asked for.

> But when I run menuselect in Applications, app_jack still is XXX
> mentioning jack and resample unmet dependencies.
>
> Is there any extra step i need to do?

Did you rerun ./configure after installing the -dev packages and before
rerunning make menuselect ?

The menuselect script relies on the configure script actually to tell it what
is and is not installed on the system; so you need to rerun configure if you
have added or removed any packages since the last time you ran it.

--
JM or AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .