[asterisk-users] SwitchVox and Asterisk

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Mon May 8 11:00:00 CDT 2017

On Monday 08 May 2017 at 16:43:24, Luca Pradovera wrote:

> Hello,
> I need to have an extension on a SwitchVox server dial out to one on an
> Asterisk (FreePBX actually) box which will host a voice directory.

What's a voice directory?

> The Asterisk server will then need to dial one of the SwitchVox extensions
> if it gets a voice match.

You mean, listen to the caller speaking and identify who they are?

Sounds "non-trivial" to me...

> Anyone has done that, and could let me know how? So far it looks like IAX
> peering (what SW calls "SwitchVox peering") could work?

IAX will connect two Asterisk servers and allow them to communicate (it stands
for Inter Asterisk eXchange) - think of it in the same way as a SIP trunk -
you can have multiple calls to/from multiple numbers going over the link.

However, are you saying that you've already got the "voice directory" and
"voice match" parts working in Asterisk, and you just need to know how to dial
between that and SwitchVox?

Or is the "voice" part of the challenge also something you're looking for help
with?

Antony.

--
Numerous psychological studies over the years have demonstrated that the
majority of people genuinely believe they are not like the majority of people.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.