[asterisk-users] CM for menuselect choices

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Fri May 5 11:20:39 CDT 2017

On Friday 05 May 2017 at 16:52:39, Richard Kenner wrote:

> > Of course, you might run into problems if the later release introduces
> > new options (or deprecates old ones) which then aren't going to be in
> > your makeopts file
>
> That's my question: how do I reflect the changes that I made to the
> defaults in a way that's not dependent on the exact set of options
> that each release has?

I cannot think of a possible answer to that, because you are trying to guard
against features in a future release which may not even have been considered
by the developers yet.

Maybe your best bet would be to take the default options file for the "current
release" (whatever you regard that as), create a 'diff' between that and the
file with your selections in, and then use that to 'patch' future options files,
on the basis that any new options will then keep their (future) default
values, and any still-existing options will be changed to your choices.  The
only problem I can immediately see is if an option stays, but its default gets
changed, the patch file will no longer match - but at least you'll get an error
message when you try to do the patching, and can investigate the problem.

Regards,

Antony.

--
In Heaven, the beer is Belgian, the chefs are Italian, the supermarkets are
British, the mechanics are German, the lovers are French, the entertainment is

In Hell, the beer is American, the chefs are British, the supermarkets are
German, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, the entertainment is
Belgian, and everything is organised by the Italians.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.