[asterisk-users] Can't compile asterisk-certified-11.6-cert16 on Ubuntu 16

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon May 1 09:05:19 CDT 2017

On Mon, May 1, 2017, at 11:02 AM, Tech Support wrote:
>     Sorry. I wasn’t clear in my post but I was talking about installing
>     both certified 11 and 13. The reason I am trying to install 11 is for
>     support for a couple of legacy systems. Any insight at all into the
>     original question would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks;
> John

The compiler changes between different versions of Linux distributions.
This results in it finding new issues in old code or building it
differently causing problems. You would need to use an older version of
GCC, or determine what fix exactly went in to resolve the build issue
with later GCC.

--
Joshua Colp