[asterisk-users] Bounty on Google Voice

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Mar 29 13:54:46 CDT 2017

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Saint Michael <venefax at gmail.com> wrote:
> The channel motif and res_xmpp do not work. But there is one company that
> does make it work and charges $US 6 for a lifetime connection to your own
> free Google Voice number, from SIP. I wonder if anybody would be able to fix
> Asterisks libraries so people of low income would not have to pay a third
> party for this basic translation service.

Hey,

Sorry to hear about your difficulty with this code.  At this time, I'm
not aware of an active maintainer/owner of those modules.  As I'm sure
you're already aware, Asterisk is an open source project worked on by
people with different interests and motivations.  Some work on it
purely for the fun, others work on it because they have a business
interest of some sort.  Bug bounties are a great way to get the
attention of people in both categories, and are usually posted to the
asterisk-dev mailing list.  You can learn more about the guidelines
prior to posting at this wiki page:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Bug+Bounties

Hope that helps a bit, and best wishes in getting your bug fixed.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager