[asterisk-users] Having problem getting Asterisk to work on CentOS 7

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Mar 15 03:28:56 CDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 02:46:19PM -0400, Ron Wheeler wrote:
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/11/html/Security-Enhanced_Linux/sect-Security-Enhanced_Linux-Working_with_SELinux-Enabling_and_Disabling_SELinux.html
>
> If disabling Selinux solves your problem, then your problem may be related
> to Selinux.
> If it does not change yout problem, you may want to look elsewhere.
>
> <editorial>It seems that a lot of  things do not work with Selinux or have
> no instructions about how to make them work with Selinux that it almost
> seems like a useless feature.</editorial>

Many things work well, once properly configured. Looking at the exact
error (again, audit.log) is the first step.

Once upon a time Asterisk used to be able to run with SELinux:
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-3088

The problem may be missing a profile for Asterisk.

Or the fact that it interacts too much with other services? I'll have to
give it a shot. At least for a stand-alone Asterisk.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com