[asterisk-users] PJProject 2.6

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Wed Mar 1 09:38:14 CST 2017

>From the blog...  http://blogs.asterisk.org/2017/03/01/pjproject-2-6/

This week, we’re pleased to say that we’ve updated the Asterisk 13, 14 and
master branches’ bundled version of pjproject to 2.6.

Here’s a short recap of the steps we took to get here:

   - All of the the patches we were applying to 2.5.5 were verified to be
   in 2.6.
   - We looked for any other functional or API changes that might affect
   how Asterisk uses pjproject.
      - We found 1 minor improvement in how memory pools are released.
      This resulted in 3 minor code tweaks that are backwards compatible.
   - We tested the build process looking for issues that might change how
   Asterisk compiles and links pjproject.
      - We found an issue with WebRTC…  In this release, pjproject now
      includes a WebRTC implementation in its third-party directory
which we had
      to disable.  These were all minor updates but required to get
pjproject to
      build successfully and they do not affect Asterisk’s ability to process
      WebRTC calls.
         - One of pjproject’s configure options was changed from
         ‘–disable-webrtc’ to ‘–without-external-webrtc’
         - The build of WebRTC was removed from the Makefile
         - A #define was added to config_site.h to prevent pjmedia from
         requiring WebRTC.
      - We ran the Asterisk Testsuite a few dozen times to make sure the
   functional tests still passed.
   - Finally, for the first time, we were able to run stress tests to look
   for any new performance or stability issues that might have crept in.  We
   didn’t find any.

Of course we could have missed something, which is why it’s important for
the community to test for themselves.  If you’re using the bundled version
of pjproject, and you should be :), checkout the Asterisk 13 or 14 branch
and test it in your environment.  If you build pjproject yourself, you can
try it with recent Asterisk releases.

For more information related to Astrerisk’s use of pjproject, visit Building
and Installing pjproject
<https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Building+and+Installing+pjproject>
on
the Asterisk Wiki <https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Home>.