[asterisk-users] asterisk.conf ignored?

Stefan Viljoen viljoens at verishare.co.za
Fri Jun 30 08:15:21 CDT 2017

Hi all

I'm trying to limit the maximum concurrent calls on my Asterisk to try and
mitigate another problem I posted about earlier.

I've edited

/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf

And uncommented this line, and put a value of 60 in there:

maxcalls = 60

in an effort to limit my Asterisk to 60 simultaneous calls.

I did a

core reload

in the CLI after doing that.

Any idea why my running instance totally ignores this setting? I still goes
right ahead and services unlimited numbers of simultaneous calls - we have
90 extensions or so and it will happily service 90 simultaneous calls in
spite of asterisk.conf clearly stating

maxcalls = 60

The "maxload" specification is also ignored, load can go anywhere the
Asterisk instance keeps taking more calls despite load exceeding, for
example

maxload = 10

in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf

What am I doing wrong that the asterisk binary is apparently ignoring
settings in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf?

Thanks

Stefan