[asterisk-users] DMTF payload bug in 13.14.1 with pjsip and direct_media?

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Thu Jun 29 14:19:12 CDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:55:51AM -0500, Richard Mudgett wrote:
> > To me this looks like a bug in asterisk. Either asterisk should use the
> > same rtp payloads for telephone-events on both call legs during inital
> > callsetup or asterisk should come to the conclusion there is an
> > incompatible "codec" on both legs so it shouldn't switch to direct
> > media.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this issue?
> >

> This is an old issue.  One of the latest issues is:
>
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-25166

I was looking DTMF related problems and found none. Looks like it is a
more general issue related to all capabilities. Thank you for pointing
this out.

Seeing the history of the bugs the problem and the full fix is larger
than I initially thought. Maybe a quick stopgap is to just not try to
setup direct media if there are numeric differences between call legs
(this would help me since most call would be direct media, I'll try to
look into this is I have the time to look into this and find out if I
have enough knowlegde to try something).