[asterisk-users] Writing CDR's to two database servers

Chris Bagnall asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc
Mon Jun 19 11:12:06 CDT 2017

On 19/6/17 4:47 pm, Tech Support wrote:
> I know that there are probably several solutions to this problem, but
> what I am trying to do is provide some redundancy for my customers CDR data.
> I know that doing simple backups of MySQL is probably the easiest way to go,
> but I'm thinking that there may be some benefit to simultaneously writing
> the CDR data to multiple servers at once. However, I'm drawing a blank on
> this one. Has anyone else done this before? Any insight at all would be
> greatly appreciated.

You could - if you really wanted - use two different cdr_ modules to
write to, for example, a MySQL and a PostgreSQL database simultaneously.

Having said that, and given nearly every modern DBMS has its own
replication built-in, you'd be far better off using that. There are good
instructions online for MySQL and PostgreSQL - and no doubt for other
DBMSs as well.

Kind regards,

Chris