[asterisk-users] pjsip user_eq_phone adds user=phone to anonymous user bug?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Jun 9 09:40:01 CDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017, at 11:30 AM, Daniel Tryba wrote:
> With pjsip (asterisk 13.14.1) I see the problem that an anonymous from
> header gets user=phone appendend to the URI if user_eq_phone=yes is
> specified:
>
> On the incoming leg:
> From: anonymous
> <sip:anonymous at anonymous.invalid:5060>;tag=Q5zBj7BMnvI6Fe6O2866fox3ZHmn-smt
> Get transformed to
> From: "Anonymous"
> <sip:anonymous at anonymous.invalid;user=phone>;tag=fa3cb748-6af9-485f-8a70-a2b9ad40b13a
> on the outgoing leg.
>
> Setting user_eq_phone = no will result in user=phone not being added.
> The upstream provide demands user=phone in URIs if the username
> resembles a phonenumber, but declines the INVITE if user=phone is
> present on an anonymous username.

<snip>

> sip_uri->user should be "anonymous"
> AST_DIGIT_ANY is: #define AST_DIGIT_ANYNUM "0123456789"
>
> So in the for loop the first char of sip_uri->user should result in a
> NULL from strchr. Leaving i at the value 0, which is smaller than the
> length of sip_uri->user. And thus the function should return before
> adding the user=phone. So why is user=phone being added?

What seems to be happening is that the session is being set up and the
user=phone parameter added. It's only after that the values are updated
to be Anonymous and the user=phone parameter is left there. Please file
an issue[1] with the description above.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira

--
Joshua Colp