[asterisk-users] Working around missing libmyodbc in Debian Stretch

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 01:59:06 CDT 2017

I found this [1], downloaded a tar file from [2], hand copied a single
libmyodbc5a.so into appropriate /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/
directory and adapted /etc/odbcinst.ini file accordingly.
After all this, it seemed to work OK but I'm still not too confident.

Shall I trust a couple of successful isql queries to declare the above work
around as successful ?
I don't know.

While at it, I also found a source tar file from [2].
Transforming it into a proper deb package is not an easy task for me but
doing it would help to have MySQL/ODBC connectivity to the
many platforms Debian supports.

[1]
https://askubuntu.com/questions/800216/installing-ubuntu-16-04-lts-how-to-install-odbc
[2] https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/