[asterisk-users] Working around missing libmyodbc in Debian Stretch

J Montoya or A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 08:15:50 CDT 2017

On Thursday 08 Jun 2017, Olivier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm building a new Asterisk system from source on Debian Stretch.
> My building script fails as package libmyodbc is currently missing from
> Debian Stretch repo.
>
> Is there a work around this without leaving MySQL/MariaDB galaxy ?

This is why you should not use Debian testing for a server!  Testing is kept
"always installable" by the crude method of REMOVING broken packages until a
compatible version is ready.  This means you will occasionally find a package
with no install candidate.

You will have to get the Source package for libmyodbc out of Sid, and see what
you have to do to persuade it to build on your system.  And then maybe pass
that information upstream to the package maintainers concerned.

--
JM or AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .