[asterisk-users] Upgraded server crashes on voicemail storage

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Wed Jun 7 03:19:41 CDT 2017

On Tuesday 06 June 2017 17:54:59 Mike Diehl wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm upgrading to Asterisk 13.14.0 x86_64.  During my beta testing, I've
> discovered that my server crashes as soon as I leave a voicemail message.
> I'm using odbc voicemail storage as well as mysql dynamic configuration.
>
> I'm using unixODBC 2.3.2-r2 with myodbc 5.2.7-r1
>
> I suspect that the odbc drivers are the problem.  Is ther an alternative
> drive that I should be using?
>
> Failing that, any other ideas?

Give us more details of what you mean by "crashes".

What happens, what do you get in the Asterisk logs, what do you get in syslog,
what state is the machine in afterwards, is there a kernel panic, what
information leads you to suspect the ODBC drivers...?

Also, what have you upgraded from, what machine specs are you running on,
what's the dialplan section dealing with leaving voicemail...?

The more info you give us, the more likely it is we can suggest something
useful.

Antony.

--
This email was created using 100% recycled electrons.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.