[asterisk-users] Forward error code beetwen legs

Loic Chabert loic.chabert at voxity.fr
Thu Jun 1 14:06:25 CDT 2017

Hello asterisk users,

I have a strange behaviour with asterisk and error code forwarding in
asterisk 11.

Please find below my setup:

Phone -> ASTERISK -> SIP TRUNK PROVIDER

A phone start a call, asterisk start a leg to my SIP trunk provider.
I have a simple dialplan to handle it:

[gotoexternal]
exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@provider)

When my SIP provider return to asterisk a 404 SIP error code, asterisk
return to phone a 503 error code.

Why 503 error code has been returned, and not the original error = 404
error ?

Asterisk's cli said: == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)

How can i return the 404 error ? Forward this 404 error to the original leg
?

Thanks in advance,
Regards.