[asterisk-users] choppy calls version Asterisk 13.17 on CentOS 7

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Fri Jul 14 18:23:12 CDT 2017

On Friday 14 July 2017 at 23:34:37, Motty Cruz wrote:

> Since the upgrade our remote users' conversions are choppy.

> Monitoring using CLI, I noticed the device always select ulaw
> for codec.

What's the device?

What are its codec settings?

What's your available & used bandwidth on the server's connection?

Are all users affected, or only some?

How many concurrent calls do you have going through the Asterisk server when
they notice the problems?

What's the load average on the server while it's handling these calls?

Try turning on call recording on the server and see whether the recording is
choppy as well as what the users hear.

Antony.

--
"I estimate there's a world market for about five computers."

 - Thomas J Watson, Chairman of IBM

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.