[asterisk-users] AMI column widths

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Fri Jul 7 16:30:19 CDT 2017

Hi.

I'm trying to get a list of the channels currently in use on an Asterisk server (1.8.32.1 if it matters) over AMI.

I send the command "sip show channels", and I get back a response along the lines of (* used to protect the innocent...):

Peer             User/ANR         Call ID          Format           Hold     Last Message    Expiry     Peer
*8.22.*0.34    02035644444      0221e874158bb62  0x4 (ulaw)       No       Tx: ACK                    SIPtrunkNu
*.1*.19.70     (None)           2021549013484-1  0x0 (nothing)    No       Rx: OPTIONS                <guest>
*.34.*.208     200101           712173267 at 192.1  0x4 (ulaw)       No       Rx: ACK                    200101
*.1*.19.70     (None)           149831567021051  0x0 (nothing)    No       Rx: REGISTER               <guest>

So, firstly, the "Call ID" column is clearly truncated, because it should show more than is indicated above,
but more importantly for me, the "Peer" column is truncated, and what should show as "SIPtrunkNumber8"
is only shown as "SIPtrunkNu".

How can I get the full column widths of these items shown in the output?

Note that it is not a solution just to say "don't call it 'SIPtrunkNumber8'; call it 'SIPtrunk8' instead", because
this name has also been modified slightly to conceal the real name of the trunk, which is actually longer
than "SIPtrunkNo8", but still with the most important information at the end.

What I'm looking for is how to get the *full* details of all the channels shown.

I have checked, and there is no "verbose" option to the "sip show channels" command.

Thanks,

Antony.

--
Ramdisk is not an installation procedure.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.