[asterisk-users] asterisk.conf ignored?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Jul 2 02:24:42 CDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 03:15:21PM +0200, Stefan Viljoen wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to limit the maximum concurrent calls on my Asterisk to try and
> mitigate another problem I posted about earlier.
>
> I've edited /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf
>
> And uncommented this line, and put a value of 60 in there:
>
> maxcalls = 60
>
> in an effort to limit my Asterisk to 60 simultaneous calls.
>
> I did a
>
> core reload
>
> in the CLI after doing that.
>
> Any idea why my running instance totally ignores this setting? I still goes
> right ahead and services unlimited numbers of simultaneous calls - we have
> 90 extensions or so and it will happily service 90 simultaneous calls in
> spite of asterisk.conf clearly stating

I suppose asterisk.conf is not read on a reload. IIUC it is read before
the rest of the configuration.

Another small thing that makes it slightly different:

In any other configuration file you can either have '#include relative/path'
or '#include /absolute/path' to include files. A relative path would be
relative to $astetcdir. However when reading asterisk.conf, $astetcdir
is not set yet, and thus '#include relative/path' would generally not
work as expected.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com