[asterisk-users] How to send SIP_NOTIFY messages with variable content ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 07:54:25 CST 2017

> I would be very interested in using sipsak for something like this.  What
> have you tried so far?

What do you mean by "using sipsak" in the above sentence ?
I would much prefer use a  PJSIP_NOTIFY dialplan function than use sipsak
directly.

The way I see it is Asterisk already has eveything needed to send "out of
band"  SIP NOTIFY through SIP or PJSIP.
What is currently missing is the dialplan function accessing the same
low-level C functions that SIP NOTIFY CLI currently uses.

On a side note, to my knowledge, SIP NOTIFY is currently used:
- for MWI,
- for rebooting/triggering SIP phones
- for reconfiguring SIP phones (I've just discovered this usage).

Do you know other usages ?