[asterisk-users] anveo, a different kind of trunk provider?

Thufir Hawat hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 06:26:33 CST 2017

Anveo has their config as so:

[anveo]
type=friend
host=sip.anveo.com
port=5010
username= ACCOUNT_NUMBER
secret= SIP_PASSWORD
insecure=port,invite
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
context=from-anveo

http://www.anveo.com/faq.asp?code=sip_asterisk

but this seems slightly odd.  I have an account with them where my hard
phone, an SPA 942 IP phone, connects directly to them.  I just entered the
SIP details.  Presumably they're running Asterisk and have it configured
for my SIP account.

But, their registration string with Asterisk is:

  Locate [general] secion and add the following
register => ACCOUNT_NUMBER:SIP_PASSWORD at sip.anveo.com:5010

Wouldn't this send every outbound call through that Anveo account?

Let's say that I add a more hard or softphones, but configure them to
connect to my Asterisk server running on AWS.  When Anveo dials out to the
POTS everything shows as coming from a single number, the account number?

thanks,

Thufir