[asterisk-users] Turn on SIP debugging from DialPlan

Igor Zamocky igor at zamocky.sk
Mon Feb 27 06:32:01 CST 2017

Hi,

If you are ok with starting debug via external system call, why not to use something like this (I used to use something similar, it worked):

exten => _XXX,1,System(/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx ‘sip set debug peer PEER’)
same => n,Set(debug_on=1)
same => n,Dial(SIP/PEER/${EXTEN})

exten => h,1,GotoIf($[${debug_on} == 1]?undebug)
same => n,Hangup
same => n(undebug),System(( sleep 3 \; /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'sip set debug off' ) &)
same => n,Set(debug_on=0)
same => n,Hangup

I don’t know your setup, your dialplan logic, but I’m sure you can adapt it to your needs.

I.