[asterisk-users] Voicemail notification by email is missing CallerID info

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 10:50:08 CST 2017

This is what comes with voicemail.conf.sample - works for me!

; Change the from, body and/or subject, variables:
;     VM_NAME, VM_DUR, VM_MSGNUM, VM_MAILBOX, VM_CALLERID, VM_CIDNUM,
;     VM_CIDNAME, VM_DATE
; Additionally, on forwarded messages, you have the variables:
;     ORIG_VM_CALLERID, ORIG_VM_CIDNUM, ORIG_VM_CIDNAME, ORIG_VM_DATE
; You can select between two variables by using dialplan functions, e.g.
;     ${IF(${ISNULL(${ORIG_VM_DATE})}?${VM_DATE}:${ORIG_VM_DATE})}
;
; Note: The emailbody config row can only be up to 512 characters due to a
;       limitation in the Asterisk configuration subsystem.
;emailsubject=[PBX]: New message ${VM_MSGNUM} in mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX}
; The following definition is very close to the default, but the default
shows
; just the CIDNAME, if it is not null, otherwise just the CIDNUM, or "an
unknown
; caller", if they are both null.
;emailbody=Dear ${VM_NAME}:\n\n\tjust wanted to let you know you were just
left a ${VM_DUR} long message (number ${VM_MSGNUM})\nin mailbox
${VM_MAILBOX} from ${VM_CALLERID}, on ${VM_DATE}, so you might\nwant to
check it when you get a chance.  Thanks!\n\n\t\t\t\t--Asterisk\n
;
; Note: ${IF()} strips spacing at the beginning and end of its true and
false
; values, so a newline cannot be placed at either location.  The word 'so'
is
; therefore duplicated, in order for the newline to be interpreted
correctly.
;emailbody=Dear ${VM_NAME}:\n\n\tjust wanted to let you know you were just
${IF($["${VM_CIDNUM}" = "${ORIG_VM_CIDNUM}"]?left:forwarded)} a ${VM_DUR}
long message (number ${VM_MSGNUM})\nin mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX} from
${VM_CALLERID}, on ${VM_DATE},\n${IF($["${VM_CIDNUM}" =
"${ORIG_VM_CIDNUM}"]?so:(originally sent by ${ORIG_VM_CALLERID} on
${ORIG_VM_DATE})\nso)} you might want to check it when you get a chance.
Thanks!\n\n\t\t\t\t--Asterisk\n

On 18 February 2017 at 16:35, Tech Support <asterisk at voipbusiness.us> wrote:
> All;
>
>     I am running Asterisk 11.6-cert16 and I have voicemail setup so
> voicemail messages are sent as email attachments. That works fine.
However,