[asterisk-users] Turn on SIP debugging from DialPlan

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Feb 17 20:05:40 CST 2017

On Fri, 17 Feb 2017, Derek Andrew wrote:

> I have some troublesome numbers that I would like to capture the SIP
> dialogue when I am calling them. When I am about to dial the number, is
> there any way to turn on SIP debugging in the dial plan before I make
> the call? (and turn it off after the call is completed?)

You could use the system() application as suggested before.

You could also just start a console packet logger and just leave it
running:

 	sudo ngrep -O ngrep.pcap -W byline -d any <your-ani> port 5060

This will only capture packets containing your ANI which includes INVITE,
Trying, OK, ACK, and BYE -- basically, the entire SIP dialog for the call.

This will only take about 4kB per call, so you can log over 250 calls per
mega-byte so I'm guessing that should be possible.

--
Thanks in advance,