[asterisk-users] Turn on SIP debugging from DialPlan

Tim Pozar pozar at lns.com
Fri Feb 17 17:18:40 CST 2017

You can tell it to just capture SIP traffic and not the RTP traffic.
Nice write up of using TCPdump and wireshark can be found here:

https://blog.flowroute.com/2014/04/10/how-to-capture-sip-packets/

BTW, I have found this works really well in trying to debug RTP traffic
as well.  Wireshark just does the right thing in putting audio back
together.  Very helpful in tracking down in and out of band DTMF
problems that we were having with various carriers.

Tim