[asterisk-users] Turn on SIP debugging from DialPlan

Victor Villarreal mefhigoseth at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:09:17 CST 2017

Hi Derek,

SIP debug can be enabled via Asterisk CLI (console) with the command:

asterisk> sip set debug on

If you know via what trunk your call goes, you can use the following
command instead:

asterisk> sip set debug ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Where the xxx is the IP of your trunk (voip to pstn provider).

Affter you make all your test, simply issue:

asterisk> sip set debug off

And all the SIP conversation are saved in your full log file.

More info here:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Collecting+Debug+Information

If what you want is test your dialplan, simply use the command:

asterisk> dialplan show xxx at your_context

Where xxx is the number you want to dial, from the context asigned to your
extension.

Cheers