[asterisk-users] Which tool to automatically restart Asterisk ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 09:38:47 CST 2017

Hello,

Years ago, I used Monit to monitor Asterisk and restart it whenever it
failed.

Now, I wonder which tool I should pick for an Debian 8 (current) or CentOS
7 (future) environment.
The main reason I'm looking for this tool is to avoid as much as possible,
current 5 minutes delay between Asterisk's stop and first cutomers
complains.

1. I always install Asterisk from source but I've read in Debian Stretch
/etc/defaul/asterisk file, the following:
# RUNASTSAFE: run safe_asterisk rather than asterisk (will auto-restart upon
#             crash). This is generally less tested and has some known
issues
#             with properly starting and stopping Asterisk.
Where I can read about those known issues ?
(not found in [1]).

2. For systemd envs where /etc/init.d files are still used, what do you
recommend ?

3. For systemd envs where /etc/init.d files are not used anymore, what do
you recommend ?

4. Suggestions ?

Regards

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=asterisk;dist=unstable