[asterisk-users] Soft SIP phones that support TLS - Asterisk version 13.13.1

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Feb 16 08:01:42 CST 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017, at 09:51 AM, Max Grobecker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 16.02.2017 um 14:19 schrieb Annus Fictus:
> > And Microsip using PJSIP SIP stack :)
>
> Sorry (also, for off-topic), based on my latest experience with PJSIP,
> I'm not sure if this really is a sign of good quality.
> Maybe it's a problem with the implementation in Asterisk (I haven't tried
> PJSIP in other software), but after just five minutes of testing
> I found several bugs regarding PJSIP preventing me to use it in a
> production enviroment :-(
> I'm going to file these bugs at the moment...

Asterisk uses PJSIP at a different layer than a lot of other things. A
lot of the application logic and features are done by Asterisk, while
clients based on PJSIP use pjsua which takes care of that. You can't
compare the two.

As for your issues please do file them. I'd also suggest using bundled
PJSIP, it works the best with Asterisk and we backport applicable fixes
and include fixes we've created that have not yet made it to a PJSIP
release.

--
Joshua Colp