[asterisk-users] Disallow CALLS without registry

Pete Mundy pete at fiberphone.co.nz
Fri Feb 10 17:25:06 CST 2017

> On Thu, 2017-02-09 at 14:58 +0200, Антон Сацкий wrote:
>

>> so the main question is -- how to Disallow CALLS without registering
>> on PBX
>
> sip.conf configuration
> In the [general] section, define:
>

> [general]
> allowguest=no
> alwaysauthreject=yes

I don't think either of these configuration attributes achieve what the OP requested ("how to Disallow CALLS without registering on PBX").

In fact, I'm not sure that it's actually possible to disallow [authenticated] calls from a peer that hasn't registered!

As far as I can tell, 'registration' was never intended to be part of the authentication process. It's sole purpose is to inform the PBX as to the current location of the endpoint. I suspect this means that what the OP is asking for cannot be achieved with the current code bases.

But each time I'm proven wrong I learn something, so if I'm wrong then please by all means correct me! :)

Pete