[asterisk-users] Call List Campaign to an IVR

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Mon Feb 6 11:27:47 CST 2017

> On 6/02/2017, at 12:24 PM, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, 6 Feb 2017, Tech Support wrote:
>>
>>      We were able to develop a feature to send the call to voicemail about 90% of the time. That way, an end user could (1) not be bothered by having to answer the call, (2)
>>      delete the message without listening to it, or (3) listen to the message when it was most convenient for them. That way, they were in control and things were done on
>>      their terms.
>
>> On 6/02/2017, at 11:34 AM, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
>> Love the idea. How?
>
> On Mon, 6 Feb 2017, Matt Riddell wrote:
>
>> exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/0111${EXTEN}@myprovider&SIP/1${EXTEN}@myprovider,3)
>
> Amazing. Who knew?
>
> So how/why does this work?
>
> I see 2 calls going out to my cell. Does the first 'busy out' my number at my cell provider so the second goes straight to VM? What part does the '0111' play?

Yep, if you have two calls going to the same number at the same time the second will be busy.

Meaning it will go to voicemail.

Meaning it will be answered.

Meaning the other leg will be dropped.

The 0111 and the 1 is just so that Asterisk doesn't think that both calls are to the same destination and then only make one call.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell

http://www.venturevoip.com/news.php (Daily Asterisk News)